Faiza Osman joined Acorn Education in October 2020 as Head of Operations. She believes determination and perseverance is the key to accomplishing your dreams and goals.
Osman is passionate about the potential of people and the complexities that create favourable conditions for them to flourish. She started her career in Education in 2011 and established the Operation Department for SA College of Home Study. Furthermore, she engaged with Taboldi and IAS Seminar in Scotland in assisted them with their operations challenges; they were the sister company of the SA College of Home Study.
Osman started at IIE’s Varsity College in 2018 as Head of Academic Operation. She worked with teams ranging from regional to product-driven structure, and has supported their key leaders in taking on the necessary self-development to thrive during the change, and partnered with them to model and communicated this to its larger organisation.
Faiza has 10 years of experience ranging in:
- Management of academic delivery on campus
- Implementing management and monitoring academic policies
- Ensuring compliance within all areas of academic operations
- Overseeing the customer service function for all full time and part-time students
- Ensuring all operational needs of students are resolved and queries are responded to timeously
- Managing academic operations
Management of Lecturer Appointment
- Supervising recruitment and appointment of lecturers
- Addressing operational concerns raised through the student evaluations process
- Assisting in the completion of the academic operations budgets and the management thereof
- Staff development
In addition to Osman’s experience and personal qualities, she also holds a Bachelor’s in Economics and Political Science. She is an assessor and has accomplished numerous short courses to her name.