INSTRUCTIONAL TEACHER COACH FOUNDATION PHASE CAPE TOWN BEE ONLY
INSTRUCTIONAL TEACHER COACH
Join us on a journey towards excellence!
Our goal is to create a team of the best instructional coaches in South Africa by capacitating and developing school and classroom leaders who transform the lives of learners that consistently achieve exceptional results
Are you an exceptional teacher who has a passion for improving the quality of public education for learners from the poorest communities? Do you want to use your skills to make a meaningful difference? Are you motivated, adaptable and resilient? Does our goal excite you? Then we would love to hear from you!
More than twenty years after democracy, high performing schools in South African townships are the exception. Our aim is to change this landscape and support no-fee public schools in their journey to become excellent and provide the highest quality education to the most underserved communities.
When professional development is done right, teachers feel enthused and learners in our classes achieve more. In the role of instructional coach, you will primarily be responsible for supporting teachers in their professional development and growth. Together with your fellow instructional coaches and under the direction of the Lead Coach, you will support teachers to close the achievement gap of our learners with innovative interventions and programs. All instructional coaches will receive ongoing training and mentoring in this role.
So, what is an Instructional Coach? An instructional coach is someone whose chief professional responsibility is to bring evidence-based practices into classrooms by working with teachers. Instructional coaching involves two people: the classroom teacher and the coach. Coaches work one-on-one and in small groups with teachers, providing guidance, training, and other resources as needed. Together, they focus on practical strategies for engaging learners and improving their learning. Coaches also are often responsible for providing or arranging professional development activities for all teachers in a school
At Acorn Education, we aim to transform the lives of our learners and we do whatever it takes to make this dream a reality.
|A||Agile||Our agility allows us to adapt and respond to what is most important at a specific time to achieve our mission.|
|C||‘Can do’||Every member of our team is equipped with a “can do’ attitude – enabling us to reach our own high expectation and those of our schools, teachers and learners.|
|O||Optimistic||We believe that a grateful mindset leads to an optimistic and favourable view of life.|
|R||Resilient||Our journey will not be an easy one. We are committed to persevere despite challenges that may arise.|
|N||Nurture||Just like an acorn, if something is nurtured it has the potential to grow into something greater. We not only nurture our people but those who help our schools grow.|
The precise areas of responsibility for this post will be agreed based around your skills and the needs of the school, but it is anticipated that you will be able to:
- Support the planning and delivery of our teacher professional development programme
- Observe, provide feedback and support teachers, heads of department and subject heads
- Develop and/or improve systems that ensure effective lesson planning and execution
- Embed a culture of teacher development in the schools
Necessary qualification criteria
- Qualified Primary School teacher (must be SACE registered)
- Minimum 5 years of teaching experience in the Foundation Phase
- Departmental Head or Grade Head experience would be beneficial
- Must be a South African national or possess a permanent resident permit
- Must be fluent in both English and Afrikaans
- Experience teaching learners of various abilities and ensuring every learner grows
- Experience effectively teaching learners in classrooms of more than 30 learners per class
- Experience of raising attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- Own transport is essential
To apply interested candidates should e-mail the following documents:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Graad 3 Wiskunde Les Plan (Language of Instruction: Afrikaans)
- Grade 3 English Home Language Lesson Plan
- CV with lesson plan must reach us by 4pm 31 January 2021
Start Date : As Soon As Possible
Please mail your application to: [email protected]
Please quote “Instructional Coach” in the subject line
No chance-takers, please.